Ready to take your first Bikram Hot Yoga class?
- Consider being prompt as part of your practice. We start class on time.
- The studio is open 30 minutes before class and closes 30 minutes after class.
- Remember to properly hydrate throughout the day.
- Have clean feet and be perfume and lotion free.
- No watches, cell phones, or pagers in the Yoga room.
- Please do not hold showers in the locker rooms.
- Before entering the Yoga room, be mindful of those still in savasana from the previous class.
- Be respectful of those in meditation and enter the room quietly.
During Class: Have Fun!
- Enter the Yoga room in silence. Your practice begins once you enter the room.
- Be aware of your mat placement so you do not block the view of the mirror for those behind you.
- Bring only water into class with you. No other beverages are allowed.
- Drink between the postures, not during.
- Do your very best to stay in the Yoga room for the entire class. Leaving early is discouraged. If you feel that you need to leave, check with the teacher.
- This is a beginning yoga series. Absolutely NO advanced postures, Bikram’s beginning postures only. Save everything else for the right time.
- Practice stillness between the postures.
- Focus on yourself in the mirror.
- Honor the silence of the room by moving quietly.
- When you use Kleenex, place the used tissues between your mat and your towel.
- Observe silence during final savasana.
- Leave the room quietly and be respectful of others.
- If you rented a mat, please hang it over the ballet bar at the back of the room.
- Showers are on a first come first serve basis. Please limit your showers to 3-5 minutes.
- Be mindful of the time. The studio is open 30 minutes before class and closes 30 minutes after class.
- Enjoy the peace and energy you are taking with you from class and make the commitment to return tomorrow.